NY Digital Health Accelerator Launched – Applications Being Accepted!
The New York eHealth Collaborative along with the New York City Investment Fund and the NYS Department of Health, has launched the New York Digital Health Accelerator (NYDHA) to fund 12 early- and growth-stage companies that are developing cutting-edge technology products in care coordination, patient engagement, analytics, and message alerts for healthcare providers.
The program’s participating providers are actively looking for new technology products that will help them effectively implement the new Health Home model, which is part of New York’s Medicaid redesign initiative. Approximately 975,000 patients with multiple chronic illnesses are being transitioned from fee-for-service to this new managed care model.
• 12 tech companies accepted into the 9 month program will receive direct mentorship and feedback from senior-level executives at a broad network of provider organizations in New York State.
• The program will provide up to $300,000 of funding per company from a syndicate of leading venture capital and strategic investors.
• Selected companies will have priority access to the technology platform that is connecting electronic health records across New York State, the Statewide Health Information Network of New York (SHIN-NY).
• A leadership program which provides an opportunity to interact with a network of healthcare leaders, successful entrepreneurs and investors.
Who Should Apply
• We are interested in early- and growth-stage companies where access to clinical and technical feedback from provider organizations could have a meaningful impact on the company’s development prospects.
• At a minimum, the company should have a beta version of its technology.
Apply at www.DigitalHealthAccelerator.org The deadline to apply is June 1, 2012